Borish Center for Ophthalmic Research
Mission and Goals
The mission of the Borish Center for Ophthalmic Research (BCOR) is to develop clinical and applied research support and to facilitate investigation of visual disorders, ocular pathologies, and systemic diseases that affect the eye and its adnexa. The center will include development of techniques, procedures, and devices that will enhance visual performance.
The goals are . . .
- To provide an infrastructure that promotes innovative and challenging clinical investigations and responds to requests for information and/or conducts clinical trials on short notice.
- To foster an environment that encourages multidisciplinary approaches to identifying and solving vision problems.
- To promote strong working relationships with Indiana University, government agencies, industry, professional organizations, practitioners, and the public.
- To develop a leading clinical vision research center that attracts scholars and researchers from around the world.
- To provide an arena for the education of clinical researchers in vision and the training of optometry graduate students, residents, and fellows.